One important consideration we often forget to stop and think about is “who are our customers?” Just thinking about what you’re selling and who would find it useful can give you a lot of insight into who your customers are and how you can find more of them.
Here’s what I know about you. You’re probably (I hope!) a MuscleGloss Dealer. You may or may not do other contract work for homeowners or businesses. Most of the services you provide are probably the type of services your clients only need once, or twice (at most).
During their time in their homes most homeowners will only:
- Put one new roof on their home
- Replace siding once
- Paint the exterior once
- Replace the water heater once
- Replace some windows
Many homeowners never:
- Remodel their kitchens
- Replace flooring
- Add on garages
What does this mean for you? Well, depending on what services and work you offer, some of your clients may never come back since they won’t need any more work done. When you install an epoxy floor, chances are good that you will never redo that floor. Thus, you will never see them again. If you offer other services, they may rehire you in the future for a different project (especially if they are happy with the work you have done).
How can you use this information to help your business?
Because most of your clients are only going to need your services once, you need to take every opportunity you can to get them to 1) come back to you and 2) refer their friends to you.
Here are a few easy things you can do:
- Make sure your clients are happy. This is crucial. No one is going to ask you to come back or refer you to their friends if they aren’t happy with you. Check on your clients. Give them a call a few weeks or even months after completing a project to see if they are still happy with it. This is also a great time to ask them if there are any other services they may need from you.
- Ask for referrals. Be upfront before you even start a project with a client. Tell them you would like them to refer their friends to you if they are happy with your work. There is nothing wrong with letting them know you are looking for referrals! If you want, you can even offer incentives or create a discount program for clients who give you referrals.
- Make sure your clients know about all the services you offer. You can even offer a discount for clients returning with new projects.
Afraid of being a pest? Too bad! You need to make money and your clients will understand that. There’s nothing wrong with seeing if clients have more work for you or asking for referrals when they are happy with you!
Would you like more information about MuscleGloss’s marketing support? Please submit your inquiries to email@example.com or call (866) 258- 9500 to speak with a sales representative. Thanks!