Google+ is an especially great tool for small businesses and contractors. Having a Google+ page helps people searching online find your business, and (hopefully) contact you. How? Well, Google+ ties into Google Maps, which, many people use when looking for businesses near them. Google+ is also currently the king of Search Engine Optimization, which, also helps your business get found by people searching for you online.
Another benefit of having a Google+ page is the review feature. With Google+ reviews, any user finding your business through Google’s search engine, also sees any reviews there are of your business. If you have great reviews, they are more likely to check your business out” nothing beats solid reviews from past customers.
Once someone has decided to contact you, Google+ also makes it very simple for him or her to do so. Your Google+ page also displays your contact information and hours.
Have I convinced you to spend some time on this? Keep reading for help getting started.
Check to see if your business already has a Google+ page:
1. Go to Google Maps. Type in the name of your business and city.
2. If your business pops up and has not been claimed, you will see a link that says “are you the owner?” Click the link.
4. You will then go through the Google+ verification process. Basically, Google will mail a PIN to your business address that you will enter online to complete the process.
If your business does not already have Google+ page, you will need to create one:
1. If you did not find your business on Google’s map, you will need to go through the Google+ Local set up process.
2. First sign in to Google+. If you do not have a Google account, you will need to first create one.
3. Once you have signed in, you will see a Home button in the upper left corner of the screen. Mouse over that to open a drop-down menu. Mouse over that to open a drop-down menu.
4. Select Pages on the drop-down.
5. Click Create Page on the left side of the screen.
6. Select Local Business or Place.
7. Type in your business’s full name and address.
8. Select None of these match to add your business.
9. Fill in your business’s information and submit.
Once you have signed up, you will be able to add photos, follow other businesses, and share.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any help or have questions!
Would you like more information about MuscleGloss’s marketing support? Please submit your inquiries to email@example.com or call (866) 258-9500 to speak with a sales representative. Thanks!